Monday, March 31, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 3-31-2014


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is weekly challenge begun by Sheila at Book Journey to blog about the books readers enjoy each week.  For some wonderful reading suggestions, please visit Teacher Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers, who took Sheila's It's Monday! What are You Reading? challenge and gave it a kid lit twist.



I've really fallen behind on keeping track of what I've been reading. I think it's the whole gearing-up-for-STAAR that's been keeping me from updating my reading list on Goodreads. I did set aside time earlier today to go through the past two weeks and mark and rate the books I've read. Unfortunately for you, my dear friend, this is going to be a really quick run down of what I've read since my last IMWAYR post. 

Picture Books
Most of the children's books I've been reading lately are in preparation for National Poetry Month in April. I have some great ideas for lesson plans during the month of April, all dealing with poetry for the older elementary students, and nursery rhymes for the younger elementary students. I'll blog about my lesson plan ideas later this week. 

Meanwhile, these are the books I've used over the past couple of weeks during library lessons: 

Frog and Fly by Jeff Mack
Frog and Fly

Dogku by Andrew Clements
Dogku

Once I Ate a Pie by Patricia MacLachlan and Emily MacLachlan Charest
Once I Ate a Pie

Mother Goose Numbers on the Loose by Leo and Diane Dillon
Mother Goose: Numbers on the Loose

Hickory Dickory Dock by Keith Baker
Hickory Dickory Dock

Middle Grade Books
Seven Stories Up by Laurel Snyder

Seven Stories Up

How exciting it was to be able to chat with Laurel Snyder about her book when she joined the #virtualbookclub chat on Twitter. 


Young Adult Books

Downsiders by Neal Shusterman
Downsiders (Downsiders, #1)

ARCs
Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin

Tabula Rasa

Images courtesy of Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment